The outline planning application for Zone 2 was submitted by Countryside L&Q to Chelmsford City Council on 30 October 2023 and is referenced 23/01751/OUT.
The application proposals comprise;
- Up to 3,500 new dwellings of mixed size and type to include up to 35% affordable housing, specialist residential accomodation and a site for Travelling Showpeople.
- One local centre and two smaller neighbourhood centres with commercial, medical centre, retail, leisure & community floorspace.
- Mixed-use development including a new Employment Hub and flexible office co-working floorspace.
- Three primary schools, nursery provision and one secondary school.
- 130 hectares of green and blue infrastructure including a new Nature Park, public open space and formal sports facilities.
- Sustainable transport infrastructure including a network of active travel routes.
- Site restoration and preparation works.
- Full planning consent for a new left-in, left-out junction from Beaulieu Parkway.
Zone 2 Duke’s Wood – Illustration by BMD
Zone 2 Park Farm Meadows – Illustration by BMD
Zone 2 The Ride – Illustration by BMD
Chelmsford city Council is currently consulting on this planning application 23/01751/OUT with all comments to be submitted to Chelmsford by Friday the 8 December.
To view and comment on the planning application please visit Chelmsford City Council’s planning portal here.
Published documents are available to view in the Library Page.